FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are Prakash’s qualifications?
- Masters in Psychology, Masters in Sociology, Degree in Speech Language Therapy and PG Qualification in Counselling
What does Prakash generally do?
- Cognitive and Educational Assessment
- Emotional and Functional Assessment
- Needs Analysis
- Work with families and schools to make a difference to the performance of clients
- Home visits and school visits on regular basis
- Parenting and organisational support
- Career and subject choices counselling
- Positive Programming Plan
- Behaviour Support Plan
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Range of assessment tools he uses:
- WISC-IV, WAIS-IV, WIPPSI
- WOODCOCK JOHNSON II
- AUTISM RATING SCALES (FOUR TYPES ACCORDING TO AGE GROUPS)
- ASPERGERS SCALES
- EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT INVENTORY
- ORGANISATIONAL ASSESSMENT THROUGH STANDARDISED TESTS
- SIB-R (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT)
- CONNER BEHAVIOUR RATING SCALES TO DO RISK ANALYSIS
- EARLY CHILDHOOD INDICATOR ASSESSMENTS
What will the cost of assessments and consultation be?
- $1092.50 inclusive of GST for the assessment + cost of extra forms at the rate of $ 6.00
(after negotiating with parents and if absolutely necessary)
- $ 200 per hour for extra negotiated support
- $ 200 for consultation
- Assessment takes 3 to 4 hours (generally 3 and half hours + other tests which comes to 4.5 hours)
- Face to face assessment varies between 3 to 4 hours
- Cost includes GST and report writing
- Cost includes .5 hours of report discussion or emails or phone conversations
- Other costs are negotiated with clients on the basis of number of hours.
I am a RTLB/SENCO and need to use ABL Psychology Services. What do I do?
- Visit www.ablpsychology.co.nz
- Download a referral form specifically for RTLB’s
- Ring Prakash at 021-2936758 or email him the request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the date and time is scheduled he will assess and discuss the report
- You could call up 09-2733577 or 09-4446859 for appointment with Prakash
- Prakash offers subsidies on the assessment referred through RTLB’s and SENCO’s
- The cost of RTLB referred assessment is RTLB $825.00 inclusive of GST
Does ABL Psychology offer SPELD assessments? How do I arrange one?
- Prakash is a qualified SPELD assessor
- The cost of the assessment is $ 621
- You need to ring up local office of SPELD and ask for Prakash Grover
- They will forward the referral to Prakash
What is the range of issues he can provide service for?
- Learning disabilities such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia
- If someone is not achieving as per their potential
- If your child does not like school work and does not want to go to school
- Challenging behaviours
- Emotional issues
- Autism and Asperger’s
- Speech Problems
- Language disorders
- Adult assessment and support
- He covers support for all age groups